Clear all

Unofficial Prusa Mini Wait Thread  

Page 105 / 241
  RSS
highrock
(@highrock)
RE: Unofficial Prusa Mini Wait Thread

@kristoffer-tell

Yes, you're right, there are some aspects that are likely to be quite reliable but what makes the low(ish) sample problematic is that it represents a self-selecting group. I've often wondered about the shape of the curve on the order date graph.. did orders really plummet so hard after the first two or three days? In other words, why can't we see a 'word of mouth' effect where one might expect daily order numbers to actually increase over time, at least for a short while? Also, why are there so many days lately with no apparent orders at all? Looking at it another way, we can probably surmise that the 93% of orders that aren't on the spreadsheet are either not forum members or are unwilling to add their orders to the spreadsheet for one of many reasons. What's the distribution of that 93%? I think it may be noticeably different to that of the spreadsheet.

For the record, I'm on the spreadsheet (late Nov). It's been very entertaining watching all you stress-heads over the past few months, keep it up please it's making the time pass very nicely!

Posted : 14/02/2020 11:09 am
cwbullet
(@cwbullet)
Topic starter answered:

@highrock

Not entirely true.  You can get an estimation of where they are shipping.  It is better than nothing.  

--------------------
Chuck H
3D Printer Review Blog

Posted : 14/02/2020 11:23 am
highrock
(@highrock)

@charles-h13

Indeed, I did point out that there are some aspects that are likely to be quite reliable... it's not all bad at all - I am simply amused by the degree of obsession around here.

Posted : 14/02/2020 11:40 am
cwbullet
(@cwbullet)
Topic starter answered:

@highrock

It is limited for sure.  None ever order is for a printer much less a mini.  It helped me communicate with chat and gage their answers and non-answers,  

--------------------
Chuck H
3D Printer Review Blog

Posted : 14/02/2020 11:42 am
Clemens M.
(@clemens-m)
Noble Member

@highrock

That is because we need our MINI´s for playing / working / experimenting around.
I WANT MY MINI !!!

Best regards, Clemens Mödlin

Mini, i3 MK2.5S, i3 MK4, CClone (Eigenbau)

Posted : 14/02/2020 11:44 am
highrock
(@highrock)

@clemens-m

Yup, I get it, my son and I are both itching to get ours - we're spending the time learning Fusion 360, making lists of things to make and designing some of them in advance... and, unlike Christmas, it's our thing almost exclusively which makes our shared excitement precious beyond words. Also, it's good for him to learn to wait, to plan and to anticipate.. he's only 11, this experience will be invaluable in his life.

I suppose this thread is like that for many, a place to share the excitement, but I worry that some are making themselves ill!!

Posted : 14/02/2020 12:07 pm
Kristoffer Tell
(@kristoffer-tell)
Posted by: @highrock

@kristoffer-tell

I've often wondered about the shape of the curve on the order date graph.. did orders really plummet so hard after the first two or three days? In other words, why can't we see a 'word of mouth' effect where one might expect daily order numbers to actually increase over time, at least for a short while? Also, why are there so many days lately with no apparent orders at all?

Maybe word-of-mouth got counteracted by the fact that the lead time for the Mini got really large really fast? I'm sure there's a ton of people that don't feel comfortable with paying that much upfront when there's a 4-5 month wait.

Posted : 14/02/2020 12:22 pm
blackbird
(@blackbird)

Just received notification that my order is shipped. I've ordered on 14th.

Posted : 14/02/2020 12:26 pm
Tomas T liked
towlerg
(@towlerg)
Noble Member

@highrock

"we're spending the time learning Fusion 360". I wonder how much PLA got saved by the delayed delivery of the Mini.

Posted : 14/02/2020 12:54 pm
highrock liked
RetroBill
(@retrobill)
Estimable Member

WAH HOO!

My Mini shipped yesterday!!

But this morning I got this:

Hi,
your Original Prusa MINI is on its way to you, however, we didn’t include the foam pads. We are sending them in a separate package. Please, wait with the assembly until the pads arrive, without them the bottom of the printer isn’t flat and you can easily skew the entire printer while tightening the connecting screws.

I’m sorry for the inconvenience.

Jo Prusa

Posted : 14/02/2020 2:51 pm
Frankincell
(@frankincell)
Estimable Member

@k9bub

So...  Those foam feet are required huh?   Mine's sitting on an old "Blizzard" mouse pad.

All your filament are belong to us!

Posted : 14/02/2020 3:25 pm
highrock
(@highrock)

@kristoffer-tell

An interesting point but I think the delays only really became apparent in December.. and it's always been very clear that it's a pre-order situation before manufacturing even began (at the beginning of November?). We may be deluding ourselves that everyone is reading the forum! It's that darned 93% of people again...

Posted : 14/02/2020 3:28 pm
highrock
(@highrock)

@k9bub

Congratulations!

I note that they're also out of stock for spare Z axis rods and MINDA probes at the moment.. perhaps they're all allocated to orders, but it may indicate they're having supply issues.

Posted : 14/02/2020 3:34 pm
RetroBill
(@retrobill)
Estimable Member

@frankincell

So can I put the mini together? Its supposed to be here Monday, But if I need those feet then I should wait

Posted : 14/02/2020 3:47 pm
Frankincell
(@frankincell)
Estimable Member

The Rocinante in GOLD...  heh

Here we are at 1 Day, 19 Hours, and 7 Minutes with 5 Hours, and 36 Minutes remaining...

5 Hours later....

And it is DONE!

But wait a sec...  check out that Printing Time...

23 Days, 0 Hours, and 31 Minutes...    lol  I mean...  It felt that way sometimes, but...   I think there may be a math issue here.  😉

Some assembly required...  

( Please ignore the Roci parts from my resin printers in the background. 😉 )

And sitting on the base....

I've put the files up.  I'll be working on a version that prints faster with less material.

https://www.prusaprinters.org/prints/21988-rocinante-gold

Posted : 14/02/2020 6:49 pm
bobstro liked
cwbullet
(@cwbullet)
Topic starter answered:

@k9bub

The feet are needed, but you might be able to buy something similar at a tool or home store.  

--------------------
Chuck H
3D Printer Review Blog

Posted : 14/02/2020 6:52 pm
Frankincell
(@frankincell)
Estimable Member

@k9bub

Yes, you can assemble it.  The feet are small round "stick-on" pads. 

You can use a couple pieces of cardboard or a thick mouse-pad under the printer till your feet arrive.

They sent me 5 of them in case I ate one when the gummy bears ran out.

Here's a picture of my mini without the feet...

And with the feet...  

( Yes, I took pictures from multiple angles between every step of assembly.  I'm slightly CDO (That's OCD, but in alphabetical order) )

You're going to LOVE this printer!  Trust me this is my 10th 3d printer.  

Posted : 14/02/2020 7:07 pm
Oxygen and burtronix liked
Sfbrain
(@sfbrain)
Estimable Member

@frankincell

Or print some better ones ......

These are anti vibration feet for the Mini (printed in TPU (Flexi))

S

Posted : 14/02/2020 7:17 pm
burtronix liked
LittleNeutrino
(@littleneutrino)

@steve-4

How did you get the TPU in there? I tried to load TPU the other day and i got it through the filament sensor, but couldnt get it into the extruder, no matter what I tried it just sat there and wouldnt pull in so i gave up.

Posted : 14/02/2020 8:35 pm
RetroBill
(@retrobill)
Estimable Member
Posted by: @frankincell

@k9bub

Yes, you can assemble it.  The feet are small round "stick-on" pads. 

You can use a couple pieces of cardboard or a thick mouse-pad under the printer till your feet arrive.

They sent me 5 of them in case I ate one when the gummy bears ran out.

Here's a picture of my mini without the feet...

And with the feet...  

( Yes, I took pictures from multiple angles between every step of assembly.  I'm slightly CDO (That's OCD, but in alphabetical order) )

You're going to LOVE this printer!  Trust me this is my 10th 3d printer.  

Thanks for let me know and the PICs!!

I will have a million questions as soon as I get it and start to assemble then I will need help once its built 🙂

Posted : 14/02/2020 8:57 pm
Page 105 / 241
Share: