Notifications
Clear all

Upgraded to 6.0.4+14924 now Prusa Connect shows the printer as offline  

RSS
Scott Gartner
(@scott-gartner)
Eminent Member
Upgraded to 6.0.4+14924 now Prusa Connect shows the printer as offline

I upgraded the printer to 6.0.4+14924 (by putting the file on the USB drive and rebooting printer), got one print completed, which I had started using the physical printer panel.  Now I go to look at the printer in Connect and it shows it as offline.  I can connect to Link just fine and it shows the current print status.  Tried rebooting printer.  Tried pulling ethernet cable and replacing.  I have WiFi disabled and am only using Ethernet to connect to the printer.  My Internet connection is just fine (as evidenced by the fact that I can send this forum message).  Note that I was using Connect just fine before the upgrade, also connect did show, at least for a short time, that the printer had successfully upgraded (I saw the new version number in settings).

Not sure what to try next.  Attached is a screen shot showing the Link and Connect web pages next to each other.

This topic was modified 4 weeks ago 2 times by Scott Gartner
Posted : 19/08/2024 8:22 pm
Scott Gartner
(@scott-gartner)
Eminent Member
Topic starter answered:
RE: Upgraded to 6.0.4+14924 now Prusa Connect shows the printer as offline

Update, the API to the printer works just fine as well.  No idea why the printer won't phone home.  Could it be the disabled WiFi?  I did that just this morning, before upgrading the printer (I wanted to make sure it was using the wired connection, seemed like a good idea at the time). 

Posted : 19/08/2024 11:48 pm
Scott Gartner
(@scott-gartner)
Eminent Member
Topic starter answered:
RE:

Well, putting the printer back on the WiFi network seems to have solved the problem.  Seems a little dumb that it requires a working WiFi to connect to Connect if it has a perfectly good (and much faster) Ethernet connection (note that both connections are going through the same device).

This post was modified 3 weeks ago by Scott Gartner
Posted : 28/08/2024 9:21 am
Share: