Does the MK4 No Longer Support M117 and M300 gcode?

Avisos
Vaciar todo

[Resuelto] Does the MK4 No Longer Support M117 and M300 gcode?  

RSS
AxioN
(@axion)
Eminent Member
Does the MK4 No Longer Support M117 and M300 gcode?

I am moving over some of the custom lines of the start gcode I use with my MK3S+ to my MK4 profile in PrusaSlicer. However, when executing the gcode the printer doesn't seem to display any messages with M117 or make any sounds with M300. Currently using firmware 4.7.1. Can anybody shed a light on this for me?

Best Answer by ScottW:

You are correct -- there are several things missing from the MK4 builds of Marlin, including those you mention.  Status reporting to serial hosts (like filament out being reported to Octoprint) are also missing.  There are open issues on the BuddyBoard Github for these, but no ECD from Prusa yet.

"What am I doing here? Narf!" - Pinky, Pinky and the Brain

Respondido : 01/08/2023 5:17 pm
ScottW
(@scottw)
Estimable Member
RE: Does the MK4 No Longer Support M117 and M300 gcode?

You are correct -- there are several things missing from the MK4 builds of Marlin, including those you mention.  Status reporting to serial hosts (like filament out being reported to Octoprint) are also missing.  There are open issues on the BuddyBoard Github for these, but no ECD from Prusa yet.

Respondido : 01/08/2023 5:25 pm
AxioN me gusta
Neophyl
(@neophyl)
Illustrious Member
RE: Does the MK4 No Longer Support M117 and M300 gcode?

Given that the mini doesn't and that uses the same family of main board then I guess you have your answer.

Also the issues open on github would also suggest the same.  M117 on the mk4 request - https://github.com/prusa3d/Prusa-Firmware-Buddy/issues/3143
M300 - https://github.com/prusa3d/Prusa-Firmware-Buddy/issues/1075

Respondido : 01/08/2023 5:26 pm
AxioN me gusta
AxioN
(@axion)
Eminent Member
Topic starter answered:
RE:

Thank you both for your responses. While this doesn't fix my issue, at least I know what is going on. Hopefully, this post will help others that have the same question.

I would definitely like those added back in. I guess for now no FFVII Victory Fanfare tune when a print finishes, lol.

"What am I doing here? Narf!" - Pinky, Pinky and the Brain

Respondido : 01/08/2023 5:37 pm
Compartir: