Notifications
Clear all

#13309 Heatbed Port Overcurrent While Cleaning Nozzle  

RSS
Dave C
(@dave-c)
#13309 Heatbed Port Overcurrent While Cleaning Nozzle

Hello,

I am currently stuck, and need help with this error.

What happened:

1. I set the temperature of my the brass Nextruder 0.4mm Nozzle to 250ºC using the LCD panel.
    • Controls -> Temperature -> Nozzle -> 250ºC
  2. I sprayed Isopropyl Alcohol (80% concentrated) onto a paper towel.
  3. I began cleaning the Nozzle by wiping around the Heat Block and the Nozzle.
  4. The Prusa Mk4 rebooted, and displayed this #13309 Heatbed Port Overcurrent.

Steps I have taken so far:

1. Updated firmware
  2. Inspected wiring, looked for pinches
  3. All steps detailed in this article: https://help.prusa3d.com/article/heatbed-port-overcurrent-13309-mk4-21309-mk3-9-23309-mk3-5_405612
  4. Rotated/nudged hotend back and forth by 10º 3 times.
  5. Probed power wires with a multimeter.
    1. The hotbed out power wires do indeed seem to be shorted
    2. The hotbed in power supply wires are not shorted

Do I just need to replace the wires? Is the heatbed potentially damaged? Why did cleaning my nozzle cause this?

I don't know what to do next.

Here is a shared photo album that you can view from Google with visual documentation of my process (I also added pictures to this post, in case Google drive link breaks): https://photos.app.goo.gl/tDYmTFL3htiqtcV1A

I also sent an email to support, but I am cross-posting here for visibility and archival purposes.

Regards,

Dave

An error displayed on the Prusa Mk4 LCD screen with a bright orange background indicating a

Mk4 LoveBoard with cables connected, looks okay.

Zoomed out Loveboard cables with nextruder, fan, and heatblock visible. Things look okay.

Zoomed in headblock wiring. Things look okay.

Continuity test of

Continuity test of Heatbed out wires (heatbed side). Resistance measures 5 ohms, indicating a short.

This topic was modified 1 month ago by Dave C
Posted : 04/08/2024 3:23 pm
Dave C
(@dave-c)
Topic starter answered:
RE: #13309 Heatbed Port Overcurrent While Cleaning Nozzle

Update, I found this guide, and I am going to redo my Multimeter testing following this.

https://help.prusa3d.com/article/multimeter-usage_2117

Posted : 05/08/2024 2:34 am
ssmith liked
Dave C
(@dave-c)
Topic starter answered:

So the heatbed actually works fine, it's not "shorted" it the values look similar in resistance to what is to be expected. I am also able to heat the heatbed perfectly fine.

My Prusa Mk4 reboots with the heatbed over current error message every time I turn the Hotend Nozzle temperature on.

Posted : 05/08/2024 9:49 pm
Dave C
(@dave-c)
Topic starter answered:

So far, I have confirmed that the heatbed still works and can be controlled via the xLCD.

The hotend still seems to work as well. I am able to power this manually, and it responds to the current, but activating it via firmware will produce the "Heatbed Port Overcurrent Error" 100% of the time.

At this point, I believe something may be wrong with the xBuddy or LoveBoard. Does anyone have any pointers on what I can test to isolate the issue on the board?

Infrared image showing the hotend of the Prusa Mk4 at 46.8ºC

Posted : 06/08/2024 3:33 am
ssmith
(@ssmith)
Eminent Member

This issue in the Prusa-Firmware-Buddy repo looks similar... A new xBuddy board was the fix in a couple cases.

Posted : 06/08/2024 3:55 pm
Share: