Prusa Black Friday 2020 FAQ  

Page 1 / 3
  RSS
Same Old Shane
(@same-old-shane)
Member Admin
Prusa Black Friday 2020 FAQ

Greetings everyone.

We have created a small FAQ and answer section about our black Friday sale.

Currently with demand, if you reach out to Prusa support (via email at [email protected] or by chat by going to shop.prusa3d.com scroll to the bottom of the page and on the bottom right you will see the chat option) there is longer than expected wait and response times. We are working through to answer each and every request, but please be patient with our support department.

* “I just got my printer/ my printer is on the way, but I want to return it for a refund, I will reorder on Black Friday” 
          OK, just keep in mind the shipping costs are not refundable, the printer will have a standard lead time, so you will have to wait for it and the refund can not be done sooner than the printer is returned to us and can take up to a month as we have. That means you will have to place and pay the order during Black Friday and get the refund for the original order later. If you still wish to return the order, please contact support directly.

*“Can I Combine my order with a Black Friday one and get a refund for shipping?”

I am afraid that is not possible. It is a time-limited offer and applies for new orders only. It can not be applied retroactively. The offer must be claimed through eshop, we can not add it manually.

* “Will I receive a + version of a MK3 / MINI if my old order has not shipped? / Will I need to cancel and replace?”
          YES!  All current and pending orders that have not yet shipped will be upgraded free of charge.

* “How do I know if I got my free products with my printer order?”

All orders placed between

November 26th at 4.00 p.m. PST (this is November 27th at 12:00 a.m. GMT) and end on November 30th at 12:00 a.m. PST (or November 30th at 8:00 a.m. GMT).

will automatically have any and all free items automatically added to the order regardless if it is mentioned on the customers order details or not. There was a issue at the first part of the sale were items were not mentioned in the customers order, so we will make sure all orders have the appropriate items added as need be.

* “Is the offer for the satin build sheets still open?”

No, sorry. The first 300 orders were used up very quickly, and one of the reasons for the server issues. (see below). We have updated the product page to reflect this and will be working out a way to identify the orders publicly so customers know if their order is in the 300 batch. BUT please keep in mind that everybody gets a Textured sheet as a gift and the second batch of satin sheets will be ready by early January.

* “When will the MINI+ kits be shipped out?”

Shipping is scheduled for the beginning of 2021, and pre-orders will be accepted after the sale is over.

*“Whats the difference between the + series and the regular printers?”

It is a slight refresh for easier assembly and slightly better long-term reliability of some parts. If your printer is working, it makes no sense to upgrade it, risking problems caused by reassembly.

If it ain’t broke, do not fix it! (Yes we also know this goes against the Maker's creed)

* “Why does the Mini+ upgrade not include the bearing clips?”

They are there just for a bit easier assembly. Since your printer is already assembled, there is no need for this part.

* “What about the MMU2S+ upgrade?”

There are little to no changes. If you have the MMU2S, you can buy the MK3S ->MK3S+ upgrade, but it is not necessary if the printer works, it will bring absolutely no improvement. If you plan to buy the MMU2S upgrade, you either need to have the MK3S printer, then it is compatible and all parts are included/printable. If you have MK3 only (not S), you need to purchase the MK3/S ->MK3S+ upgrade as well, as some non-printed parts would be missing otherwise.

*“Can I know more about the XL printer?”

Not at this current time. No really.. NOPE! This is all about the Black Friday sale 🙂

* “There is something wrong with your eshop!”

At the launch of our sale, our servers were overloaded with the amount of traffic we received due to the sale. There was several thousand people on the severs at once which was a bit taxing.... but when you have that many people all trying to check out all at once.... Some problems can arise 🙂 We have updated the servers and database clusters and is handling the extra traffic better now, but there could be some random issues. If you are experiencing issues it is recommended to please wait a hour or so and try again. If it is still persisting after a few tries, please reach out to support.

* “Whats the difference between the + series and the regular printers?”

See following answer below

* “But I have more questions...”

We created a blog post that has all the information we have about the sale and new products already created and posted on November 24th. If you have not yet seen it, please read it as it has a lot of answers already.

https://blog.prusaprinters.org/november2020_update_original_prusa_i3_mk3splus_miniplus_mini_kit_satin_steel_sheet_40870/

* “But I don't like to read”

Then check out the latest episode of #PrusaLive (episode 14)

“But, but, but...”

Please submit it over to Prusa support via the methods listed at the start of this post 🙂

Shane (AKA FromPrusa)

Posted : 27/11/2020 7:04 pm
Gordon W liked
cwbullet
(@cwbullet)
RE: Prusa Black Friday 2020 FAQ

Thanks for the update.  This might lower your chat requests.  

--------------------
Chuck H
3D Printer Review Blog

Posted : 27/11/2020 9:15 pm
PrusaPrinters profile
(@prusaprinters-profile)
Estimable Member

When I ordert do I everything right?

Black Friday MK3 T-Shirt promo

Reference Product Rule
PRM-PETG-GLX-1000 Prusament PETG Prusa Galaxy Black 1kg BF 2020 MK3S+ KIT - JETBLACKPETG + TXT
-- FREE STEEL SHEET BLACK FRIDAY 2020 BF 2020 MK3S+ KIT - JETBLACKPETG + TXT
Posted : 28/11/2020 3:28 pm
Chris C
(@chris-c)
Eminent Member

Not very happy with the change in fulfillment,  originally it was said that orders received on Black Friday it would be fulfilled by Christmas.  Now they are saying the end of January,  this is just poor planning and business development with a lack of supply chain knowledge.  Just think of all the folks that are misled on their expectations, and have already paid for the printers and won't have a clue before Christmas that Prusa has changed/add another month to the delivery date and will be stuck with not enough time to find something else.    

Posted : 01/12/2020 3:59 am
relica liked
cwbullet
(@cwbullet)

@chris-c-2

It happens to nearly all niche businesses and hobby supplies during holiday sales.  

--------------------
Chuck H
3D Printer Review Blog

Posted : 01/12/2020 5:37 pm
bobstro
(@bobstro)
Illustrious Member
Posted by: @chris-c-2

Not very happy with the change in fulfillment,  originally it was said that orders received on Black Friday it would be fulfilled by Christmas.  Now they are saying the end of January,

Are you complaining because your ordered when it stated the shorter time, or because you waited and the times changed?

If you actually ordered early on when the shorter timeframes were cited, check to verify you are actually impacted by the delay. If you waited to order, well... that's what happens. A lot of businesses simply limit sales to stock on hand on the day of the sale. That probably wouldn't make anybody happy either, but they'd ship on time!  

My notes and disclaimers on 3D printing

and miscellaneous other tech projects
He is intelligent, but not experienced. His pattern indicates two dimensional thinking. -- Spock in Star Trek: The Wrath of Khan

Posted : 01/12/2020 6:25 pm
relica liked
rpgweb
(@rpgweb)

@chris-c-2

Did you get the "end of january" info from support? As of today the prusa shop web page says:

"Orders have a leadtime of 3-4 weeks, with a backlog formed with orders from Black Friday. We cannot guarantee delivery before Christmas for new orders. "

Since i ordered mine within 90 minutes of the black friday sale i still expect to get it fulfilled before christmass 🙄 

Or do you think that the early black friday sales will also be delayed past christmass?

This post was modified 3 years ago 2 times by rpgweb
Posted : 01/12/2020 6:39 pm
Jay-L
(@jay-l)

I've  contacted customer service about the planed shipping and the answer was: My Order (MK3S+ and 1KG of Orange PETG) will be shipped mid of december beause i placed the order on eraly 27.11.. Order confirmation cam @ 02:22 CET. So lets hope for the best.

Max

Posted : 03/12/2020 1:49 pm
rpgweb liked
Chris C
(@chris-c)
Eminent Member

@jay-l

I wish the best for you,  I have been online chat with Prusa as well I have an MMU2 that has been back-ordered now for 4 weeks and the story has changed each time.  I believe Prusa might have made some poor business decisions when it comes to the time of product releases, product updates, holiday shopping season sales, and knowing their supply chain capacity.  I am hoping they are able to meet at least the expectations they have advertised on their website.  Otherwise, I think this will have an effect on trust levels going forward.  I am actually looking for alternative suppliers for the items that I have sitting in backorder status, perhaps the Asian market.

Posted : 03/12/2020 9:17 pm
Jan Bos
(@jan-bos)
Posted by: @jay-l

I've  contacted customer service about the planed shipping and the answer was: My Order (MK3S+ and 1KG of Orange PETG) will be shipped mid of december beause i placed the order on eraly 27.11.. Order confirmation cam @ 02:22 CET. So lets hope for the best.

Max

That sounds good. I got my confirmation at 01:40 CET and payment confirmation 4 minutes later. I ordered the MK3S+ Kit.

Posted : 07/12/2020 12:19 pm
Chris C liked
ggodlewski
(@ggodlewski)

@jay-l

I believe Prusa might have made some poor business decisions when it comes to the time of product releases, product updates, holiday shopping season sales, and knowing their supply chain capacity.  I am hoping they are able to meet at least the expectations they have advertised on their website.  Otherwise, I think this will have an effect on trust levels going forward.  I am actually looking for alternative suppliers for the items that I have sitting in backorder status, perhaps the Asian market.

As much as I like the whole concept of Prusa printers I hate Prusa's customer service. It was the most stupid idea to buy anything during the Black Friday.

I have a problem with my order. Because of the faulty/slow website I got charged the wrong amount. It's been a over a week, I sent multiple emails and no one is willing to help me.

I'd love to support Prusa printers research but if I have an alternative I don't want to buy anything here again. If you're running business you just cannot rely on such supplier.

Posted : 09/12/2020 7:10 pm
relica liked
cwbullet
(@cwbullet)

I have ordered parts from China - Quality is hit or miss.  I will stick with Prusa.  

--------------------
Chuck H
3D Printer Review Blog

Posted : 09/12/2020 7:16 pm
vintagepc
(@vintagepc)
Posted by: @ggodlewski

@jay-l

I believe Prusa might have made some poor business decisions when it comes to the time of product releases, product updates, holiday shopping season sales, and knowing their supply chain capacity.  I am hoping they are able to meet at least the expectations they have advertised on their website.  Otherwise, I think this will have an effect on trust levels going forward.  I am actually looking for alternative suppliers for the items that I have sitting in backorder status, perhaps the Asian market.

As much as I like the whole concept of Prusa printers I hate Prusa's customer service. It was the most stupid idea to buy anything during the Black Friday.

I have a problem with my order. Because of the faulty/slow website I got charged the wrong amount. It's been a over a week, I sent multiple emails and no one is willing to help me.

I'd love to support Prusa printers research but if I have an alternative I don't want to buy anything here again. If you're running business you just cannot rely on such supplier.

Have you tried live support? Email has always been known to be slow but most things can be resolved fairly quickly with the live chat function in the store.

Posted : 09/12/2020 8:40 pm
PrusaPrinters profile
(@prusaprinters-profile)
Estimable Member

Sure I mention it before I order on Black Friday is there a predicted shipping Date?

Posted : 11/12/2020 3:59 pm
Chris C
(@chris-c)
Eminent Member

@bobstro

The statement was because of orders that were made prior to the BF sale and all the changes.  and Prusa still continues to slide dates on items.  For example, I ordered an MMU2 back first week of November and it was stated on the website it would take 3-4 weeks,  like others we are now going into our 6 week. I had a few other orders like for the mini I just canceled because of the changes.  Now looking at the Pallet instead of the MMU2 since Prusa keeps moving the "Lead time",  though I like Prusa and like to keep everything consistent, the Pallet has 2-day shipping from when order is placed.  I guess dealing with the unknown with Prusa is the real disappointment here, and show the gap in Prusa's supply chain management.  I believe if you give a 3-4 week lead time on a product you should either be able to beat or meet the commitment when you receive the order and the payment.  We had plans to create a bunch of multi-color toys to donate to local kids that are not fortunate to have them for Christmas.  Commitment and trust are two things you do not want to take advantage of with your customers, be it a hobby company or a professional supply chain company.  These are just my thoughts and experiences.

Edit:  Still no expected date from customer services if and or when the MMU2 will be shipped.

This post was modified 3 years ago by Chris C
Posted : 11/12/2020 5:09 pm
Chris C
(@chris-c)
Eminent Member

@cwbullet

Interesting statement and I am a fan of the product line at least the few MK3S, accessories, and filament.  Not quite a fanboy, but being objective we also pay a premium for Prusa products compare to the Hit / Miss Asian market.  However consistent supply has value as well.  It would be interesting to see who has the greater market share and has higher customer satisfaction ratings after the holidays.  You mentioned "niche" markets,  I was not aware that 3D printing is considered a "niche" market,  there are Fortune 500 combines that provide these services and product/devices from desktop to industrial level.  I spent 20 years at such a company.   If you are stating Prusa is a Hobbyist company  I understand your thought process, however, my perception and understanding of their customer base is a combination of both hobbyist and corporate since there are many companies that are relying on their products and services.  

Posted : 11/12/2020 5:42 pm
cwbullet
(@cwbullet)

@chris-c-2

I do nto like the term fanboy.  Name calling reduces the credibilty of any discussion or argument.  I buy lots of chinese parts and products.  I like to do reviews and experiment with them.  I am currently on my third clone printer (out of 16 total).  I own 9 original Prusas.  The quality is superior on the Originals and the the parts are hit and miss.  I have gotten every clone printer to work as well as Prusa with some tinkering.  

Anyone looking for a Prusa, keep looking on eBay and Craigslist.  I have bought a few dirt cheap.  I bought a used Mk3S for just under 300.  Guy accidentlly put it as a “buy it now”.  

--------------------
Chuck H
3D Printer Review Blog

Posted : 11/12/2020 5:59 pm
bobstro
(@bobstro)
Illustrious Member

[...] The statement was because of orders that were made prior to the BF sale and all the changes.  and Prusa still continues to slide dates on items. 

Oh, believe me, I am aware of Prusa's tendency to slide shipping dates. What I'm unclear on is whether you were upset because you ordered early on Black Friday and are actually impacted by a delay from what was posted at that time, or if you ordered later during the Black Friday sale and were upset that the posted dates had slipped from the original batch. In other words: Did you order early and have your date slip, or did you order late and have your date slip?

It's an important distinction: If Prusa has X amount of stock on hand for the sale and says they'll ship before Christmas, then I can understand if you ordered out of the original X quantity. On the other hand, if X sold out quickly and you've ordered after that, then it makes sense you'd see a shipping date after Christmas. As I understand it, people are getting stuff they ordered before Christmas provided they ordered early on.

[...] I guess dealing with the unknown with Prusa is the real disappointment here, and show the gap in Prusa's supply chain management. 

The supply chain is exactly the issue, and I'm sure Prusa is as frustrated as anybody with the current state of affairs. I'm just glad we can get toilet paper now! Prusa definitely can slip stuff, and it's annoying. I think my Mk3 slipped 4 months originally. That said, their stuff is usually well worth waiting for. I do see a difference between orders placed routinely and sales though.

I believe if you give a 3-4 week lead time on a product you should either be able to beat or meet the commitment when you receive the order and the payment.  We had plans to create a bunch of multi-color toys to donate to local kids that are not fortunate to have them for Christmas. 

Again, I'm unclear of when exactly you ordered. If the page stated stuff would be shipped before Christmas when you ordered on Black Friday, that's one thing. If you ordered later after the ship dates had changed, that's entirely different. The reason I'm asking for clarification is that we have seen people come here and gripe that they missed a sale and should still be able to order at the sale price and receive the same shipping commitment as those who actually ordered during the sale.

Realistically, if you were planning on doing may large-scale FFF printing, receiving the printer in December would not give you near enough time! I did some bulk printing for gifts this year and it took about a month to get everything printed, never mind shipped.

Commitment and trust are two things you do not want to take advantage of with your customers, be it a hobby company or a professional supply chain company.  These are just my thoughts and experiences.

Fair enough. Even after 3 years, there still aren't companies that are shipping 3D printers with the same reliability and quality at Prusa prices. There's lots of low-cost competition, but they come nowhere near in terms of reliability and support. IMO, Prusa is worth waiting for.

Edit:  Still no expected date from customer services if and or when the MMU2 will be shipped.

In recent weeks we've been given a hint at what some of the issues have likely been. They've retooled for the Mk3s+ and Mini+ and shipped a LOT of upgrades for free. I'm sure that took some juggling behind the scenes.

He is intelligent, but not experienced. His pattern indicates two dimensional thinking. -- Spock in Star Trek: The Wrath of Khan

Posted : 11/12/2020 6:45 pm
bobstro
(@bobstro)
Illustrious Member
Posted by: @ggodlewski

[...] I have a problem with my order. Because of the faulty/slow website I got charged the wrong amount. It's been a over a week, I sent multiple emails and no one is willing to help me.

Do not hope for email response. Your best bet is to log into the online store and contact support via chat directly. They are very responsive.

I find it hard to sympathize with this attitude. Prusa is producing consumer-grade 3D printers are consumer-grade prices. If your business requires reliable machines for production, such products are available with service contracts that run 15% or more of the purchase price annually. It's a cost of doing business. Sure, their stuff works well in farms, but they don't advertise repair times. If you're buying consumer-grade equipment, you can't expect industrial-grade support. They are among the best you'll get without going with the big commercial firms.

Posted : 11/12/2020 6:51 pm
Chris C
(@chris-c)
Eminent Member

@cwbullet

It is not name-calling it is a term that is used to describe someone that totally in love and has blind faith with a product or service that is provided.  Which is and can be interpreted as half-empty/negative or half full/positive depending on your perspective and how you interrupt what is written.  The fanboy comment was describing me not you that I am  "Not quite a fanboy" but pretty close with the exceptions of las last 2 months' experience.  So I disagree with you about your interpretation of the term "Fanboy" is derogatory.  Thank god no one has pulled out the Goodwin law, LMAO....:)  Ok, now that is out the way, I typically do not care for eBay & Craigslist and think there is a bigger hit or miss factor with used parts that have a history in most cases.  Again my experience is 50/50 and in the long run most times I would be better off buying new.  

Posted : 11/12/2020 7:01 pm
Page 1 / 3
Share: