400 x 400 Prusa Printer?  

Página 9 / 19
  RSS
Mabau
(@mabau)
Trusted Member
RE: 400 x 400 Prusa Printer?

@charles-h13

Of course not... I guess it is obvious that the box does not (only) hold a filament sensor...^^. However, it indicates further development on FDM printers and thus strenghens the probability that a new FDM printer will be announced.

In my opinion it is:

- either a new, bigger one, maybe with CoreXY - but it will be much more expensive I guess

- or a printer with E3Ds toolchange mechanism, which also consumes pretty much space. However, I guess that step will be too far for now.

Respondido : 12/10/2019 8:57 am
Crawlerin
(@crawlerin)
Prominent Member

The only beef I have with CoreXY is belts ... those 2 belts, 2 pulleys and 2 belt idlers that i3 currently has, is source of endless questions, concerns and issues especially for newcomers ... just imagine dealing with 4-5 belts and dozen of pulleys/idlers  🤣 

Respondido : 12/10/2019 9:47 am
cwbullet
(@cwbullet)
Miembro
Posted by: @marvin-b

@charles-h13

Of course not... I guess it is obvious that the box does not (only) hold a filament sensor...^^. However, it indicates further development on FDM printers and thus strenghens the probability that a new FDM printer will be announced.

In my opinion it is:

- either a new, bigger one, maybe with CoreXY - but it will be much more expensive I guess

- or a printer with E3Ds toolchange mechanism, which also consumes pretty much space. However, I guess that step will be too far for now.

New FDM is likely.  Tool changer would be huge and shocking but E3D has not released it and it is supposed to be months away.  I guess who knows.  

Core XY does nto have to be “much more expensive”.  I have looked into building one and they appear to be about $250-500 more.  

--------------------
Chuck H
3D Printer Review Blog

Respondido : 12/10/2019 10:38 am
pingu
(@pingu)
Estimable Member

just check the thread:

https://forum.prusa3d.com/forum/english-forum-general-discussion-announcements-and-releases/something-big-is-coming-to-errf/paged/2/#post-168259

Respondido : 12/10/2019 11:21 am
Mabau
(@mabau)
Trusted Member
Posted by: @charles-h13
Posted by: @marvin-b

@charles-h13

In my opinion it is:

New FDM is likely.  Tool changer would be huge and shocking but E3D has not released it and it is supposed to be months away.  I guess who knows.  

Core XY does nto have to be “much more expensive”.  I have looked into building one and they appear to be about $250-500 more.  

Expensive is relative. From my point of view, a student's one, even 250$ is. I hope they can keep the costs low and that everything will also be open source to allow for a larger DIY part. Anyways, just build volume is not a buy-factor for me - so I hope there is not much innovation but solely the build volume 😛

Respondido : 12/10/2019 11:56 am
cwbullet
(@cwbullet)
Miembro

I can’t imagine prusa not remaining open source.  It is a part of their DNA.  

--------------------
Chuck H
3D Printer Review Blog

Respondido : 12/10/2019 12:12 pm
Mabau me gusta
vintagepc
(@vintagepc)
Miembro

You guys got your wish... They noted a 400x400 CoreXY is in development.

https://blog.prusaprinters.org/original-prusa-mini-is-here-smart-and-compact-3d-printer/

Respondido : 12/10/2019 2:36 pm
Crawlerin
(@crawlerin)
Prominent Member

Expect a print volume of 40 cm cubed and a lot more! This won’t be merely a bigger MK3S – using the same design would bring way too many issues (heavy heatbed, less stability with higher Z-axis values). Instead, we plan to base the XL on CoreXY architecture. It will feature a new geared extruder and an improved heatbed – among other things.

There you go 😊 What is Prusa's usual mean time to delivery from announcing/hinting a product?

Esta publicación ha sido modificada el hace 5 years por Crawlerin
Respondido : 12/10/2019 3:24 pm
cwbullet
(@cwbullet)
Miembro

@crawlerin

At least they giving enough of hint to stop be from buying mother Chinese made bucket of bolts.

--------------------
Chuck H
3D Printer Review Blog

Respondido : 12/10/2019 3:44 pm
Birdman2010
(@birdman2010)
Eminent Member

@crawlerin

At least they giving enough of hint to stop be from buying mother Chinese made bucket of bolts.

That is exactly what I was thinking as well.  I could buy a Chinese piece of crap or I can wait a while and get a 400x400 Prusa XL that uses CoreXY technology.  I can wait for Prusa quality.  I am so excited that the Prusa team is finally going to deliver on the larger printer format!  Yay!!!!

Respondido : 12/10/2019 4:06 pm
Nikolai y Sink me gusta
cwbullet
(@cwbullet)
Miembro

I still may buy a mini.  I need to review the features.  

--------------------
Chuck H
3D Printer Review Blog

Respondido : 12/10/2019 5:50 pm
dvorkaa03
(@dvorkaa03)

with the platform of cubexy it is possible built the 210x400mm variant as well... But really even with enclosure, do you imagine the warping? Printing something close to 400x400 from ABS or high temp plastic will be almost impossible... Mk3 platform with 32bit architecture and longer bed will be great alternative as well too

Respondido : 12/10/2019 6:12 pm
bobstro
(@bobstro)
Illustrious Member

I've come so close to pulling the trigger on a Monoprice Select Mini, would have purchased a Tevo Michaelangelo and have been eyeing a Sovol SV01. Glad I waited. Watching the video, I think the mini is really targeting 1st time buyers who find the Mk3s a bit too pricey. It has all the quality-of-life features, comes as an easy assembly setup at a price that is just a nudge past the low-end units. Probably a smart move and a good way to pull holiday-season 1st time buyers into "the family" without them having to go through the frustrations of the low-end printers 1st.

Bowden is a bit of a letdown. Looks like a custom, or at least non-E3D V6 hotend. I can't imagine their cantilever design will be worse than any others. Price is right in the sweet spot.

My notes and disclaimers on 3D printing

and miscellaneous other tech projects
He is intelligent, but not experienced. His pattern indicates two dimensional thinking. -- Spock in Star Trek: The Wrath of Khan

Respondido : 12/10/2019 6:20 pm
Sembazuru
(@sembazuru)
Prominent Member
Posted by: @cybrsage

Personally, I want them to come out with a smaller resin printer, on sized for miniatures, sonit is far cheaper and yet high quality.

Smaller, yes. Resin, no. But you could get two Minis for $50 less than a single MK3S, use that cost difference for small (0.25 E3D or 0.2 microswiss) nozzles, and still have some money leftover.

But if you really have your heart set on resin, from what I can tell of the technology, unlike the FFF technology, each layer on MSLA takes the same amount of time no matter how much of the layer area is being printed. So you could print multiple miniatures for the same amount of time as a single miniature.

See my (limited) designs on:
Printables - https://www.printables.com/@Sembazuru
Thingiverse - https://www.thingiverse.com/Sembazuru/designs

Respondido : 13/10/2019 7:32 am
cwbullet
(@cwbullet)
Miembro
Posted by: @bobstro

I've come so close to pulling the trigger on a Monoprice Select Mini, would have purchased a Tevo Michaelangelo and have been eyeing a Sovol SV01. Glad I waited. Watching the video, I think the mini is really targeting 1st time buyers who find the Mk3s a bit too pricey. It has all the quality-of-life features, comes as an easy assembly setup at a price that is just a nudge past the low-end units. Probably a smart move and a good way to pull holiday-season 1st time buyers into "the family" without them having to go through the frustrations of the low-end printers 1st.

Bowden is a bit of a letdown. Looks like a custom, or at least non-E3D V6 hotend. I can't imagine their cantilever design will be worse than any others. Price is right in the sweet spot.

What is the concern about the cantilever design?  I am sure the extruder will be fine. 

--------------------
Chuck H
3D Printer Review Blog

Respondido : 13/10/2019 10:06 am
davidinjp
(@davidinjp)

Selecting core XY for the bigger build volume Prusa was a wise choice. Really looking forward to this XL.

My cheap Wanhao/Monoprice Ultimate core XY seems better than both i3 style printers I have (one is MK3S) for tall narrow objects and smaller nozzle prints. A stable bed helps in certain print scenarios. And a huge i3 style print bed could be problematic for space. I'm definitely going to replace the Monoprice core XY with the larger Prusa XL some day.

There are a lot of possibilities with core xy design. Like frame mounted multiple spools and MMU. No to mention more integrated enclosure, for those who want an enclosure. 

Respondido : 13/10/2019 5:13 pm
Nikolai
(@nikolai)
Noble Member

Smart move from Prusa. There is a bigger market for smaller Prusa printers than bigger ones. I'm glad he also confirmed bigger printer and that it will be CoreXY style. Time to save some money.

Often linked posts:
Going small with MMU2
Real Multi Material
My prints on Instagram

Respondido : 13/10/2019 5:18 pm
cwbullet
(@cwbullet)
Miembro
Posted by: @nikolai-r

Smart move from Prusa. There is a bigger market for smaller Prusa printers than bigger ones. I'm glad he also confirmed bigger printer and that it will be CoreXY style. Time to save some money.

I think a cube or CoreXY printer is a good move.  They could keep the design similar.  CR-10 works fine, but the cube will give you more stability.  

--------------------
Chuck H
3D Printer Review Blog

Respondido : 13/10/2019 5:44 pm
MikiCab
(@mikicab)
Reputable Member

As long as they don't hire Bre Pettis as CEO who will sell them out and force out the original founders and screw over everyone in the process.

Respondido : 13/10/2019 6:26 pm
cwbullet
(@cwbullet)
Miembro
Posted by: @mikicab

As long as they don't hire Bre Pettis as CEO who will sell them out and force out the original founders and screw over everyone in the process.

Let’s hope that doesn’t happen.  

--------------------
Chuck H
3D Printer Review Blog

Respondido : 13/10/2019 6:38 pm
Página 9 / 19
Compartir: