Clear all

400 x 400 Prusa Printer?  

Stránka 10 / 19
  RSS
Chocki
(@chocki)
Prominent Member
RE: 400 x 400 Prusa Printer?

The new trinamics 2209 drivers would allow a bigger more powerful stepper, or how about two smaller steppers!, the biggest problem with CoreXY printers as far as I know is the stretch of the belts at high speed causing ringing, well how about two motors running in tandem at opposite ends ?.

Where does it say this cannot be done?. Just an idea. But we won't know until PRUSA release their bigger frame printer.

Normal people believe that if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it. Engineers believe that if it ain’t broke, it doesn’t have enough features yet.

Napsal : 13/10/2019 7:26 pm
Craig
(@craig-4)

Prusa XL comming out, thats pretty awesome, hopefully they can figure out a larger resin printer as well... say with a 50" TV screen 😀 but of course thats probably just a dream.

Napsal : 13/10/2019 11:51 pm
cwbullet
(@cwbullet)

Any predictions on the date?  

--------------------
Chuck H
3D Printer Review Blog

Napsal : 13/10/2019 11:58 pm
Birdman2010
(@birdman2010)
Eminent Member
Posted by: @charles-h13

In the post, Josef specifically states that it will not come out this year.  In the very last paragraph, Josef states:

In other words: we don’t plan to discontinue the MK3S anytime soon – there’s still room for potential upgrades. We’re definitely not going to announce another new printer this year. The MK3S in the current form is better than ever and it is in-stock with both steel sheets variants.

Napsal : 14/10/2019 12:07 am
cwbullet
(@cwbullet)
Posted by: @birdman2010

In the post, Josef specifically states that it will not come out this year.  In the very last paragraph, Josef states:

In other words: we don’t plan to discontinue the MK3S anytime soon – there’s still room for potential upgrades. We’re definitely not going to announce another new printer this year. The MK3S in the current form is better than ever and it is in-stock with both steel sheets variants.

I don’t think the 400x400 or core XY will replace the MK3S.  

--------------------
Chuck H
3D Printer Review Blog

Napsal : 14/10/2019 12:13 am
Nikolai
(@nikolai)
Noble Member
I don’t think the 400x400 or core XY will replace the MK3S.  

Most likely they will upgrade the MK3 line to MK4 with a new board/display/drivers. But I don't expect this happening this year. PR will stay busy to improve Prusa mini at least in the next 6 month. Based on history it was always the case. Just imagine they have to rewrite the firmware a lot. Maybe opening new branch based on the current marlin 32bit firmware.

Often linked posts:
Going small with MMU2
Real Multi Material
My prints on Instagram

Napsal : 14/10/2019 1:26 am
cwbullet
(@cwbullet)

@nikolai-r

I agree.  I think the Mk4 will be middle of next year and the core XY following it but that maybe reversed.  

--------------------
Chuck H
3D Printer Review Blog

Napsal : 14/10/2019 2:17 am
Sembazuru
(@sembazuru)
Prominent Member
Posted by: @craig-f

Prusa XL comming out, thats pretty awesome, hopefully they can figure out a larger resin printer as well... say with a 50" TV screen 😀 but of course thats probably just a dream.

At ERRF I saw a huge (compared to the PrusaSLA) MSLA printer from Peopoly. Build area of 276x155x400mm with 72um resolution. Yours for only $1799USD.

I didn't stand around and look at it in detail, nor did I speak with a rep. Just stopped long enough to gape at it and grab the spec-sheet.

See my (limited) designs on:
Printables - https://www.printables.com/@Sembazuru
Thingiverse - https://www.thingiverse.com/Sembazuru/designs

Napsal : 14/10/2019 2:54 am
Craig se líbí
ST
 ST
(@st)

I join the wish for a bigger Prusa. 300X300X400 would be  nice .

I hope it will come soon.

I Had a look on becreative 2X300 and artillery Sidewinder X1 but I am sure I will be disappointed.

Napsal : 14/10/2019 5:05 am
Dan
 Dan
(@dan-2)
Eminent Member

Hopefully, PR will soon give a bit more details on the schedule. I am looking into the Toolchanger from E3D but I think the costs will be just too much and it will not work out of the box, so I might struggling finding the time to get it running. 

Napsal : 14/10/2019 7:47 am
bobstro
(@bobstro)
Illustrious Member

What is the concern about the cantilever design?  I am sure the extruder will be fine. 

Not so much a concern with Prusa's Mini design, at least based on the limited info currently available. The others I've seen (Tevo Michaelangelo, Monoprice Select Mini) all have a lot of weight hanging off the arm and corresponding reports of gradual sagging. If the hotend & extruder are light and the frame and arm robust, it shouldn't be a huge problem with the limited build size.

My notes and disclaimers on 3D printing

and miscellaneous other tech projects
He is intelligent, but not experienced. His pattern indicates two dimensional thinking. -- Spock in Star Trek: The Wrath of Khan

Napsal : 14/10/2019 7:52 am
Sink
 Sink
(@sink)
Estimable Member

@nikolai-r

I agree.  I think the Mk4 will be middle of next year and the core XY following it but that maybe reversed.  

I hope it is reversed .. 

Napsal : 14/10/2019 7:59 am
cwbullet
(@cwbullet)

@gary-s4

As do I.  I reread the statement and I think I misunderstood.   They conveyed the reverse.  

--------------------
Chuck H
3D Printer Review Blog

Napsal : 14/10/2019 9:53 am
Sink se líbí
Dan
 Dan
(@dan-2)
Eminent Member

@charles-h13

I guess and hope the same. CoreXY will be first and what ever proofs to be good and adaptable will happen to the mk3s

Napsal : 14/10/2019 9:56 am
Sink
 Sink
(@sink)
Estimable Member
Posted by: @daniel-k7

@charles-h13

I guess and hope the same. CoreXY will be first and what ever proofs to be good and adaptable will happen to the mk3s

Sounds good to me .. 

Napsal : 14/10/2019 9:58 am
cwbullet
(@cwbullet)

I am just glad the adapt and learn as they build new products and testbeds. 

--------------------
Chuck H
3D Printer Review Blog

Napsal : 14/10/2019 10:00 am
Sink se líbí
Sembazuru
(@sembazuru)
Prominent Member
Posted by: @bobstro

What is the concern about the cantilever design?  I am sure the extruder will be fine. 

Not so much a concern with Prusa's Mini design, at least based on the limited info currently available. The others I've seen (Tevo Michaelangelo, Monoprice Select Mini) all have a lot of weight hanging off the arm and corresponding reports of gradual sagging. If the hotend & extruder are light and the frame and arm robust, it shouldn't be a huge problem with the limited build size.

Here is the one and only picture that I took at the show of the Mini. It is pretty high resolution so on the full size image you can see one angle of the extruder pretty well.

The part cooler fan is mounted to the back, presumably to help move the center of gravity of the extruder closer to the rails. A side effect I would expect is overhangs on the back will look better than overhangs in the front (opposite of our i3 printers).

I also notice that the PINDA is on the opposite side. I wonder if that will mean yet another revision of Josh3DDesign's nozzle changer 2.0 design...

https://www.prusaprinters.org/prints/3924-nozzle-changer-tool-20-prusa-edition

Looking at the extruder, I wonder if the black "D" shaped piece is the actual heatsink. If so, there are what appear to be 3 grub screws on the side where I would expect the heatbreak to be. I wonder if this is more rotation resistant than the E3D hotends that our i3s use.

My apologies for not taking more angles of the printer.

See my (limited) designs on:
Printables - https://www.printables.com/@Sembazuru
Thingiverse - https://www.thingiverse.com/Sembazuru/designs

Napsal : 14/10/2019 4:31 pm
cwbullet
(@cwbullet)

@sembazuru

Great pic.  I have the parts to print that.  I just need to do so.  

--------------------
Chuck H
3D Printer Review Blog

Napsal : 14/10/2019 5:11 pm
pingu
(@pingu)
Estimable Member

@sembazuru

you have the stl of the mini? would you share? too curious about design details.

Napsal : 14/10/2019 6:40 pm
cwbullet
(@cwbullet)
Posted by: @martin4friends

@sembazuru

you have the stl of the mini? would you share? too curious about design details.

Sorry, I was referring to the tool.  I need to print the tool to change nozzles.  

--------------------
Chuck H
3D Printer Review Blog

Napsal : 14/10/2019 7:22 pm
Stránka 10 / 19
Share: